03 February 2015

From Bihar to Big Apple Bloglets: Life and Beyond in 2015

With New Year comes resolutions and if you are even a wee bit human, comes sucking at those resolutions. Hence, I came up with a master plan to avoid all the disappointment at the beginning of the year and decided to use the entire month of January to make my resolutions. So, while the whole world would already have moved through its 5 stages of grief over failing at their resolutions; I’d still be bursting with positive energy and enthusiasm to come up with a plan for my life and beyond in 2015. Genius you say?! Well, not really since it’s already February and I am still finalizing my list.

Now getting back to routine, the last blog I wrote was around my birthday in September 2014 with a renewed vow to write more frequently and so clearly I stuck to my guns (# publicfail). I also urged everyone to make their New Year resolutions around their birthday instead of New Year. While the reasoning was fairly logical; empirical evidence in my case suggests that the only reason I came up with it was so that at my snail’s pace, I’d probably have a resolution by New Year’s eve.
To be fair, I accomplished planning and executing a wedding and honeymoon across continents since my last blog. For the uninitiated, I stepped into the married vortex in December 2014 and surprisingly am still surviving and smiling and I do plan to write about them. However, I do intend to spare you any honey dripping cheesiness and my blogposts about the wedding will primarily focus on the trials and tribulations of an immigrant bride to be and for the honeymoon diaries, I plan to focus on the travel experiences we had in South America. However, if life has not beaten the crap out of the romantic in you, no details are off limits over a bottle of fine Malbec procured at one of the vineyards of Mendoza in Argentina. 

While I am excited about the possibilities this New Year brings in terms of travel, career, personal growth or relationships, an inescapable dread has somehow found its way into my heart. One questions things to look forward to after reading about death of human spirit in one form or other in the papers these days. Growing up, I used to wonder why people continued to live in Kashmir, Gaza or any other strife ridden place when there were safe places elsewhere. While the naivety in my assumption is abundantly clear to me now; what’s also hauntingly becoming clear is that the no-where in the world is safe anymore.  Sometimes it just feels like we are all awaiting our turn and hence trying to make merry till then, while living in denial.

On that morbid note, I am sure of one thing that I plan to do this year even while I continue to work on my elaborate list. I am going to hug my family and friends a little tighter and make an effort to connect, talk and spend time with them because this is something I still have a great degree of control over and life’s too short for regrets. So, if you hear from me out of the blue, just go along because that only means I care for you. Now coming back to the New Year which is still ~11/12th in my control, where is that damn list again………. 
P.S. - went looking for a glass of wine while reliving the view of the Andes instead. happy thoughts :) 

5 comments:

  1. Love the shoes :) and the blog off course lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lovelies ... glad to hear and read on.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did u made it to the NY?.i too m from sitamarhi presently studying in IIT..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mayank, I went to IIM Calcutta and found a job with Diamond consultants from there. My company got acquired by PwC US and hence I moved here but as far as I am aware, there are several opportunities across Tech, Finance and Consulting to work in USA.

      Delete

You can like the page here

">">

Pages